School Facilities Services
With the passage of Prop 51 (2016), we are finally seeing state matching for school facilities projects. That's the good news. Here in California, however, it's a simple fact of life that school facilities law can get very complicated. Whether it's your district's unique eligibility circumstances or the construction itself, every case is fact-specific and subject to your district's special circumstances.
Our team is comprised of a partnership between the facilities experts at Hancock Park & DeLong, Inc., and the political experts at Capitol Advisors Group. With decades of expertise in processing and monitoring projects, we will jointly strategize to serve your district's facility needs - from eligibility, to appeals before the State Allocation Board.
We ensure that clients are aware of all available funding resources and opportunities, that they receive the maximum funding possible from those resources, that they have input on law and regulations that affect them, and that they have a knowledgeable representative advocating their specific issues.
Our services include working with state agencies, monitoring facility-related legislation and regulations, advising on construction strategies and budgets, and explaining state programs to district personnel, board members and constituents. We also interface with architects and other district consultants engaged in facility related projects.
• Eligibility Determination for All State School Facility Funding Programs
• Funding Applications for State and Federal Programs
• Cost Estimation for State Projects
• Project Expenditure Reviews
• Site and Plan Approvals from the Department of Education
• Developer Fee Reports: Justification Studies and School Facility Needs Analysis
• Master Plan Preparation Assistance
• State Allocation Board Appeals
• State Project Audits and Closeouts
• Crafting Legislative Proposals
• Liaison with Project Design Professionals
• Project and Program Budget Development
• Program and Project Strategic Planning
• State Funding Programs and Opportunities
• Legislation Impact
• Presentations to School Boards, Citizens Oversight Committees and Other Board Constituent Groups
SCHOOL FACILITIES ADVOCACY
Monitor, analyze and advise clients on the following:
• Office of Public School Construction Activities
• State Allocation Board Actions
• State Allocation Board Regulations
• State Allocation Board related Committee Activities
• Proposed Legislation and Legislative Trends
• Division of the State Architect Activities
• California Department of Education, School Facilities and Transportation Division, Activities
• DIR, DTSC, CA School Finance Authority